By Junaid Ameerah
The School of Foundation Studies at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has announced the screening exercise date for successful applicants.
Director of the School, Professor Solomon Akinboye, said that those who scored 40% and above in the entrance examination conducted on Saturday, August 19, 2023, should be present for the screening exercise that will be held at 8 a.m on Thursday, September 7, 2023, at the Jelili Adebisi Omotola Hall (formerly Multipurpose hall).
Students in this category should take note that on Wednesday, September 6, 2023, from 12:01 a.m., applicants can visit foundation.unilag.edu.ng to print out an Admission Letter and make payment of Acceptance Fees.
He further stated the directives to be followed as listed below;
1. Visit foundation.unilag.edu.ng, click on the Student Page, and log in to the Student Portal:
User name: Application number (e.g. M23323999)
Password: Surname in lowercase.
2. Update the Biodata Form and Upload your Passport Photograph
• Ensure names are correct and in proper order: Surname, First Name, Other Name
• Names should conform to details on the Birth Certificate, NIN, and “O” Level Statement of Result.
• Upload a passport photograph with a white background.
3. Check the conditions guiding the School of Foundation Studies program as contained in the Acceptance Letter.
• If conditions are agreeable, proceed with the other items listed.
4. Generate Pay advice for Acceptance Fee of twenty-five thousand Naira only (N25,000.00) on the University payment platform and make payment accordingly.
5. Revisit your Portal with details of payment, i.e. RRR number, which would enable the print-out of your Provisional Admission Letter and acceptance letter.
6. Come physically for screening on Thursday, 7th September, 2023 at the Jelili Adebisi Omotola Hall (formerly Multi-Purpose Hall) from 8.00 a.m.
Below are the documents to be presented by each applicant:
• Offer of Admission Letter
• Duly signed Acceptance Letter & proof of payment
• Certificate of Birth
• Testimonial from Secondary School attended
• “O” Level Result
• Reference Letter from a Clergy/Imam/Lawyer/Senior Public Servant.
7. Return to your student portal to generate payment advice and pay school fees. 8. Resume Lectures on Monday, September 18, 2023.