By Mighty Oluwayemi
The International School, University of Lagos (ISL) would like to inform the general public that the sale of forms for students interested in transferring to the school has commenced.
The forms are now available for those who are willing to gain admission into JSS 2 and SSS 1.
Applicants are urged to take note of the following:
1. That the vacancies are only available in JS 2 and SS 1
2. These application forms are available for sale between Monday, July 31 and Thursday, August 31, 2023
3. The requirements to be considered for admission include:
I. Any candidate seeking admission into the school must be 11 years old by October 31, 2023, while 13 years old for those seeking admission into SS 1. Candidates should bring along, original and photocopy of their birth certificates for screening.
II. For JSS 2: A minimum overall average of 50% in the annual assessment for JSS 1, including English Language and Mathematics. Please provide both the original copy for sighting and a photocopy for submission.
III. For SSS 1: A minimum overall performance of 50%, including 50% in English Language and Mathematics in the annual results for JSS 1 and JSS 2. A copy of the second term JSS 3 result is required, and the BECE result will be required before the admission process is completed. Please provide original copies for sighting and photocopies for submission.
IV. Letter from the Principal of the candidate’s last school, attesting to his/her good conduct. The letter is to be addressed to the Principal, International School, University of Lagos (original copy is required for submission before the admission process is completed).
V. Applicants are to present requirements in 3i – iii to the Vice-Principal (Academics), for screening.
VI. Successfully screened applicants will be issued a clearance slip with which they are to go online to pay for the application form. Non-refundable Payment for application form should not be made until candidates have been screened by the Vice-Principal (Academics).
4. Payment Procedure:
Interested parents and guardians should visit the school’s website www.isl.unilag.edu.ng or search for “ISL Unilag” on Google.
Pay the sum of ₦12,500:00 (non-refundable) for the JS2 application form or ₦15,000:00 (non-refundable) for the SS1 application form to the school’s online account, which is available on the website.
Follow the payment procedure by clicking “Payment,” then “Others,” and finally “Sale of Form” to pay online or at any commercial bank after generating a Remita number.
5. Parents and guardians should take the evidence of payment for the application form to the office of the Vice-Principal (Academics) to collect the application form.
6. Candidates should come with their filled application form on the day of the examination.
7. Important Dates:
Date of Examination: Friday, September 1, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (for JS2) and 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (for SS1)
Venue: International School, University of Lagos (Reading Room)
8. Mode of Examination:
Candidates will be tested in English Language and Mathematics (paper-based). Candidates applying to SS1 will also write an aptitude test for class placement.
9. Release of Result: Tuesday, September 5, 2023
10. Issuance of Admission Letter and Payment of Fees: Tuesday, September 5 – Friday, September 8, 2023
11. Orientation for New (Transfer) Students: Wednesday, September 13 – Thursday, September 14, 2023